Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wow, it sure has been a long time since I blogged! Facebook seems to be my outlet now. I play Scrabble, post my political opinions, respond to my friends' posts. It's an ever ready source of amusement. But I was reading over my blog, and it got me wanting to update it. I'm still interested in tiny houses, and I still want to build one. But the time is still not right. There is still no money, and the downsizing is a very slow process, too. Lately I've been pretty lazy about the housework, and things pile up. April is going away to college soon, and that will require some rearranging. With all the switching around of rooms, I think I will probably be able to get rid of some stuff. I had intended to move to the back house when she went away, but a couple of things are preventing that right now. One is that I have a good tenant, and I wouldn't want to kick her out. Secondly, Ramona is still living with me. She has had health problems for the last couple of years, and isn't ready to live on her own. At least we understand what is causing her problems now, and she is being treated. I still have bus stories to tell, although I probably won't tell any today. I've been a bus driver for 25 years now. My seniority number is 36. That't pretty good out of about 500. It means I can bid in overtime now, and work a straight run that gets off early. I've been riding my bike and the bus to work every day for the last 8 and a half months. I finally got my electric bike, which helps me out going up hills. It does have a few mechanical glitches, but for the most part, I love it. I've been driving the Superloop, which services UCSD and the surrounding area. But for the next shakeup , starting in June, I will be back on the route 11. Back to life...back to reality! Switching from picking up mostly UCSD students to picking up a huge cross-section of life in some of the poorest areas in the city will be an adjustment. Also, I'll be switching from a very short route, which you do 12 times a day, to a very long one, which you only do twice a day. Change is good, though. I am looking forward to it. April will be leaving us this summer to go to the University of San Francisco! Isn't that exciting? I'm excited for her! She turned 18 this past April, and I became a mom with NO MINOR CHILDREN! That seems incredible to me. I have been legally responsible for someone else for the last 26 and a half years, and now I no longer am! It doesn't really change much, though, since legal responsibility isn't really what motivates me to be there for them. But still... Well, now that I have caught up on my blog, I may put in a story now and then. I really like to write. I know no one usually reads this, so it's like a diary, really. Someone COULD read it, though, so I can't unload in it like a private diary. We'll just have to see what makes it in. Now it's time to take my bath and get ready for yoga class. Talk to you all later. ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment